Regional Training Courses
RIMES training program targets a diverse audience, from development workers, resource managers, disaster risk managers, forecasters, planners, administrators, and policymakers. RIMES experts and scientists conduct regular and tailored courses, based on their extensive experience in the fields of numerical weather prediction, hydrology, early warning, disaster risk reduction, climate risk management, and development.
Rimes’s training courses are:
Innovative and the first of their kind in introducing novel tools, practices, strategies, and frameworks.
Practical for their focus in the application of concepts
Engaging as they include a support network with which participants can optionally avail of.
Comprehensive in that they integrate the latest scientific developments into established concepts and principles from various communities of practice and/or disciplines, including resource management and disaster risk reduction.
- Risk Management in a Changing Climate – Disaster Risk Management
- Risk Management in a Changing Climate – Agriculture
- Risk Management in a Changing Climate – Water Resources
- Risk Management in a Changing Climate – Infrastructure
- Risk Management in a Changing Climate – Public Health
- Risk Management in a Changing Climate – Environment
- Risk Management in a Changing Climate – Development Planning
The Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change provided indisputable evidence of a warming climate. A changing climate means changes in current risk patterns and, accordingly, in risk management strategies. This training course series shall train participants to analyze and manage climate-related risks in agriculture, water resources, infrastructure, public health, and the environment. Participants shall be introduced to the process of interpreting weather and climate forecast products and climate change scenarios, and translating these into impact outlooks and risk management plans.